Getting started is easy. Under ResourceSmart Schools, you have access to sustainability experts with the knowledge, skills and resources to help you on your journey. The first step is to:
What happens next?
Once you register your interest, your regional coordinator makes contact with your school to:
- provide more information on ResourceSmart Schools
- confirm your school’s eligibility
- sign a Memorandum of Understanding with your school
- set up your school’s online account and send your login details by email, and
- put you in touch with a facilitator to help you manage the day-to-day aspects of ResourceSmart Schools.
Top five tips to get started
- Make the most of your regional coordinator and facilitator to gather information, resources and contacts.
- If possible, assign a dedicated resource in your school to oversee ResourceSmart Schools – even an hour or two a week makes a difference.
- Make contact with other ResourceSmart schools and environmental networks in your area for help, ideas and support.
- Get the whole school on board – teachers, students, parents and the wider school community.
- Read what other schools are doing for ideas and inspiration.